Pesto Shrimp and Grilled Peach Salad
1 batch pistachio pesto (this will be enough to have leftover pesto)
- 1 cup pistachios, unsalted
- 1-1½ cup basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½-1 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and garlic powder, to taste
- 3 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- 5-6 cups mixed greens
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup pistachios, unsalted
For the dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste
Make pesto shrimp:
- Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse to break up the nuts. Then add basil and garlic cloves and pulse together. Then turn food processor on and add olive oil slowly until pesto becomes preferred thickness and then add lemon juice until combine. Set aside.
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon ghee. Pat shrimp down to dry completely then add to pan and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Let cook about 1 minute per side, until pink and the tails begin to turn in. Once cooked, add 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto to the shrimp pan and toss in the pesto until coated then set aside.
For the salad
- Place a grill pan over medium heat and grease each peach half with melted ghee. Place on grill pan to cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Build salad: greens, english cucumber, cherry tomatoes, shrimp, peaches, and pistachios.
- Lastly, place all ingredients for the dressing in a jar, close jar and shake until combine. Pour dressing over salad