Paleo Pad Thai
- 1lb Organic skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 8oz Packets of shirataki noodles
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1/2 Red Pepper, cut in to strips
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1/s tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Green onions (for garnish)
- 1/3 cup Canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Sunbutter
- 2 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp Liquid aminos
- 1/2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- 2. Place a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add the chicken, red pepper flake and onion. Saute until meat is browned but not quite cooked through.
- 3. Mix in garlic and cook for another minute.
- 4. Add eggs and scramble in with mix.
- 5. Add strips of pepper and broccoli florets and cook for and additional 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. Mix in drained shiratake noodles. Add sauce and stir until the noodles absorb it.
- 8. Serve topped with the green onions.
*This recipe is a hybrid of some other non paleo pad Thai recipes that I have found. It's different than traditional pad Thai but I still think it's pretty amazing the way it is!