Skip to content
Paleo Sweet & Sticky Barbecue Chicken
- 4 oz. Tomato Paste
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 2 t. Chopped Garlic
- ⅛ t. Cumin
- ½ t. Chili Powder
- ½ t. Ground Mustard
- ⅓ C. 100% Juice Pineapple Concentrate
- ⅓ C. Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ C. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 t. Salt
- 12 Chicken Legs or Skinless Boneless Thighs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and ground mustard to the oil and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the pineapple concentrate, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, and salt to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and Let the sauce cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken, making sure all surfaces are coated.
- Bake on the center rack of preheated oven for 90-105 minutes, or until chicken is very tender.