CrossFit is a workout regimen that teaches people how to properly move their bodies, not just in the gym but in real life situations. We don’t use traditional exercise machines that isolate individual muscles to make people stronger or thinner, rather we use a combination of compound movements with a variety of weightlifting, gymnastics and endurance-based exercise to improve ALL aspects of fitness: cardiovascular endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy. This type of programming focuses on functional movements which are movements that are built into our DNA and can be found in everyday life, such as squatting, picking things up off the ground, or carrying odd shaped objects. Because life is unpredictable, we aim to forge broad, general and inclusive fitness. True fitness is being skilled across a wide range of tasks, not mastering one skill or sport. CrossFit is meant to improve the lives of ALL people. Your grandmother should be able to do the same movements as a professional athlete. However, it will be scaled to each individual’s own capability. While the professional athlete presses 200 lbs. overhead and jumps 3 feet in the air, your grandmother might just work on bodyweight or lighter movements, and do step ups to a shorter height. The difference is that grandma and pro athlete have different levels of intensity but in the end, they should both be able to complete daily activities efficiently and pain-free. Harborside CrossFit offers several CrossFit classes each day. Each class is led by one of our educated and experienced coaches who will teach proper technique and lead the class through appropriate preparation for that day’s workout. Then, it is up to you to put forth as much effort as possible to complete the workout to the best of your ability. During these classes you will improve the way your body moves, lessen your risk of injury, and many times do something you’ve never been able to do before. These group workouts foster a fun and competitive atmosphere, stimulating change, success and allowing you to reach your highest level of general fitness. Please look further into our website as we require all individuals new to CrossFit to complete an “On-Ramp” program, which teaches the methods and basic movements used in CrossFit.
- Oly: 7 Rounds 1 Hang Power Clean+ 1 Power Clean @60% 1RM Met Con: AMRAP 12 5 Pull-ups 10 Push-ups 15 BW Squats 200m RunRead More »
- Rest Day. Yoga at 10 a.m.!!Read More »
- Met Con: For time- 70 DUs 35 Thrusters, 135/95 lbs. 35 kcal Row 70 DUs 70 Wall Balls, 20/14 lbs. 70 Pull Ups 70 DUs 35 Power Cleans, 135/95 lbs. 35 GHD Sit Ups 70 DUsRead More »
- Skill: 4 Rounds Not For Time- 12 Weighted GHD Hip Extensions 20 sec. Ring L-Sit Hold Met Con: 2018 Regionals- Event 4 For time- 2 Rounds, 10 Snatches, 175/125 lbs. 12 Bar Facing Burpees 2 Rounds, 10 Snatches, 115/75 lbs. 12 Bar Facing BurpeesRead More »
- Strength: Back Squats 1 x 4 @ 70% 1 x 4 @ 75% 1 x 4 @ 80% 1 x 4 @ 85% Front Squats 1 x 5 @ 60% 1 x 5 @ 65% 1 x 5 @ 70% 1 x 5 @ 70% Met Con: AMRAP 10 60 BW Squats 12 Ring MUsRead More »