CrossFit is a workout regimen that teaches people how to properly move their bodies, not just in the gym but in real life situations. We don’t use traditional exercise machines that isolate individual muscles to make people stronger or thinner, rather we use a combination of compound movements with a variety of weightlifting, gymnastics and endurance-based exercise to improve ALL aspects of fitness: cardiovascular endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy. This type of programming focuses on functional movements which are movements that are built into our DNA and can be found in everyday life, such as squatting, picking things up off the ground, or carrying odd shaped objects. Because life is unpredictable, we aim to forge broad, general and inclusive fitness. True fitness is being skilled across a wide range of tasks, not mastering one skill or sport. CrossFit is meant to improve the lives of ALL people. Your grandmother should be able to do the same movements as a professional athlete. However, it will be scaled to each individual’s own capability. While the professional athlete presses 200 lbs. overhead and jumps 3 feet in the air, your grandmother might just work on bodyweight or lighter movements, and do step ups to a shorter height. The difference is that grandma and pro athlete have different levels of intensity but in the end, they should both be able to complete daily activities efficiently and pain-free. Harborside CrossFit offers several CrossFit classes each day. Each class is led by one of our educated and experienced coaches who will teach proper technique and lead the class through appropriate preparation for that day’s workout. Then, it is up to you to put forth as much effort as possible to complete the workout to the best of your ability. During these classes you will improve the way your body moves, lessen your risk of injury, and many times do something you’ve never been able to do before. These group workouts foster a fun and competitive atmosphere, stimulating change, success and allowing you to reach your highest level of general fitness. Please look further into our website as we require all individuals new to CrossFit to complete an “On-Ramp” program, which teaches the methods and basic movements used in CrossFit.
- Met Con: For time- 1000m Run 30 Snatches, 135/95 lbs. 100 ft. Sled Push, 105/75 lbs. 20 Bar MUs 100 ft. Sled Push, 105/75 lbs. 30 C&J, 135/95 lbs. 50 kcal BikeRead More »
- Strength: 3 Rounds- 12 Single Arm Bent Over Rows Skill: EMOM x 6 1 Legless Rope Climb EMOM x 6 2 Rope Climbs Met Con: For time- 400m Run 50 T2B 400m RunRead More »
- Skill: 10 min. Handstand Work -tripod, leg lifts, headstand, walks, push ups, etc. Strength: Front Squat 3 x 7 @ 75-80% Met Con: For time- 70 Thrusters, 105/75 lbs. *start each minute with 30 DUs *Comp: if you trip on DUs, restart at 1 *14 min. capRead More »
- Oly Tech: Split Jerk 8 x 2 @ 60-65% Met Con: 4 RFT- 20 kcal Row 12 GHD Sit Ups 6 Deadlifts, 305/215 lbs. * 20 min. capRead More »
- Skill: EMOM x 8 5 High Box Jumps * choose your height Met Con: "Cindy" AMRAP 20 5 Pull Ups 10 Push Ups 15 BW SquatsRead More »