Skip to content
Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup of cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 1 bell pepper, diced;
- 1 leek , sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. paleo cooking fat (animal fat, coconut oil, ghee)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, melt the cooking fat over a medium heat, and gently cook the onion, garlic, leek, and chicken for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is nice and tender.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, and parsley, and cover it all with the 6 to 8 cups of chicken broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.