Skip to content
Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 16oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained (I found organic at Sprouts!)
- 2 cans of quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- course sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup roasted and unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned and stems removed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the spinach and artichokes along with a sprinkle of sea salt in a large saucepan and set over medium heat to heat through.
Place the cashews in a food processor and grind until they have broken down into a texture similar to a coarse meal. Then add the olive oil, garlic and onion powders, basil, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
Add the cashew mixture to the saucepan with the spinach mixture and mix well. Reduce the heat to low and heat briefly to warm through. Fill the portobello mushroom caps with the filling. Place the mushroom caps on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.